Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Milk

The past few days all Jack has been craving has been cold milk. I have been proud of the kids for trying so many new foods. Naomi has liked the soup and cucumbers of Russia but other than that both of them have had a hard time with potatoes as the heart of most of our meals and the milk is always warm. So this morning Jack woke up and said, all I want today is some cold milk, can we please try to find some. So we took our usual bus towards the church and got off one stop early to go to the store. We found ice cold milk, batteries and some gum all while being stared at because we were speaking English. We went to check out and I handed the woman our credit card just to have it not work. It randomly doesn't work at some places in Russia for some reason. So I scrounge up the little cash I had with me and had to return all the stuff but had just enough for the milk!!! Yah! As we walked to the church I was laughing inside at how funny and different this experience is right now...I have no money left except for bus fare, I have no phone on this trip, we are wearing the clothes that i washed in the sink last night, and it's 11am and we are walking down the street in Vladimir so happy with our milk :)

3 comments:

myfriar said...

Awesome! I'm loving all your updates, Erica (and yes, I'm so envious of your life-changing family adventures!). Keep the stories coming!

Praying for your family, your team, and the outreach!

love: michelle

Lorrie said...

So good to read about your adventures and how God is meeting you. You are experiencing the "simple" life...sometimes I long for that ;) We're praying for you every Sunday at church (& I'm praying more often as the Lord brings you to mind).
Love & miss you,
Lorrie

Dale Congelliere said...

Like newborn babes crave the pure spiritual milk... what a picture of God's faithfulness to allow Jack to have his craving. Your actions pattern for us God's desire to bless us as we crave the milk of His word. May we all have the craving that God desires from us!