Thursday, September 23, 2010

Naomi the star of Turkey!

Naomi, with her blonde hair and big eyes, is quite popular here in Turkey. She gets patted on the head at least 10 times per day. She is given free things almost anywhere we go. The most precious moment was in Cappidocia last weekend. Naomi and I were happily walking back to the hostel when she tripped and fell in the uneven sidewalk. She was crying super hard as I carried her inside with a bloody knee. The young man who worked at the hostel jumped into action. He said in broken English, "I help you" and the next thing he had out the first aid kit and was cleaning her knee, putting medicine on it and bandaging it. He then went to the kitchen and got her an ice-cream bar. Within minutes she was all smiles. These experiences will be some of my most memorable from this trip. The kindness of strangers so far from home is comforting and so loving. I am thankful for these moments.

1 comment:

Desert Princess said...

I love how they love kids so much in the middle east, it has been a great place to raise our kids. Love you guys, cannot believe that you only have 2 more days in Turkey. I cannot wait to hear about your experiences in my neck of the woods. :) Natalie